Keeping in view the global situation and to offer the learning to those living in different parts of the country and world, the course is being offered online. However, there will also be sessions held at the ashram which will be simultaneously streamed online, so that those who are able to can come and benefit from the positive energy of the ashram.
The two-year program will be divided in the following way:
First year:The focus will be on learning and experiencing yoga. It will happen through:
Attending the ongoing Yoga Fundamentals Yoga Sadhana classes on the week days (students will have the option of choosing the days and suitable batch timings).
Special YTTC classes will be held on two weekends, four days a month (2nd and 4th Saturday and Sunday of every month) 6–7.30 am IST and 4–5.30 pm IST.
Second year: The focus will be on learning how to teach yoga.
The students will continue to attend the Fundamentals/Sadhana classes on week days and assist in teaching here along with senior teachers. They will meet once a month on a weekend for an hour to discuss the finer aspects of teaching and clear doubts.
Ashram life experience
Ashram life experience will be an integral part of the course and the students will be required to come and stay in the ashram for a duration of 10 days. The days and month will be decided later based on the situation prevailing at that time; however, everyone will be intimated well in advance. A graduation ceremony will be held during the stay to award the certificates to successful students who fulfill all criteria for graduation.
A 10-day visit to our Guru Ashram in Munger at the Bihar School of Yoga will also be organized, if the circumstances permit such a visit. No doubt, it will be a memorable part of the course for all.
The faculty includes teachers who have lived yoga as a lifestyle under the guidance of Guru in an ashram environment. These teachers have the ability and experience to convey the wisdom of yoga in a simple and interesting manner. Students will learn, practise and assimilate various aspects of the art, science and lifestyle that is yoga.
A brief overview of the curriculum
The course is designed to provide experiential learning of all the major branches of yoga, including hatha yoga, raja yoga, karma yoga, bhakti yoga, and jnana yoga. The training program encompasses a gradual deepening of the practices of asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, pratyahara, dharana, yama-niyama, as well as learning to live yogically. During the ashram stay, the cleansing practices of shatkarma are taught. The classical understanding of yogic precepts is provided throughout, besides learning the techniques to convey these to others appropriately within a class setting.
Over the period of the course, participants acquire a deeper understanding of themselves and the world around them. In the process, they experience yoga as a body of living knowledge.
The course will include:
● The techniques of asana, pranayama, mudra and bandha.
● Meditation (pratyahara and dharana) techniques that address deeper aspects of the human psyche.
● Progressive relaxation techniques such as a deep, multi-level shavasana and various stages of yoga nidra as formulated by Swami Satyananda.
● Lifestyle yama-niyamas as given by Swami Niranjanananda.
● Shatkarma practices.
● Discourses by medical experts on human anatomy, physiology and psychology, alongside yogic understanding of the body, prana and mind.
● Discourses on the rich history and tradition of yoga which occupies a unique place in the six ancient darshanas (philosophies) of India.
● Discourses on Hatha Yoga, Karma Yoga, Raja Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga.
● Study of yogic texts, in particular those published by the Bihar School of Yoga.
● Training to design complete classes and courses for individuals and groups, and introduce various practices in a systematic and thorough manner.
Applicants must be 18 years or older to apply. They must be of sound physical and mental health. Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Ability to read Devanagari script is desirable.
Dakshina (Course Fee)
Option 1: Full payment of Rs.1,25,000 in Jan 2022.
Option 2: Initial payment of Rs.25,000 in Jan and Rs.10,500 every month for next 10 months. Total amount Rs.1,30,000.
Option 3: Initial payment of Rs.30,000 in Jan and Rs.7,000 every month for next 15 months.Total amount Rs.1,35,000.
● The fee includes the dakshina for the Yoga Fundamentals, Yoga Sadhana and Yoga Anubhava courses (two years of offline/online yoga classes), ashram accommodation and meals during the 10-day residency at Atma Darshan Yogashram. It does not include course expenses such as text books or travel related expenses to ADY or Bihar School of Yoga, Munger.
● A limited number of scholarships will be available to ashram sevaks, who have offered seva for at least a year.
A refund request can be made only within a period of one month after starting the course. The request has to be made in writing along with a reasonable explanation for withdrawal from the course. It will be reviewed by the faculty and the decision regarding the refund will be communicated in writing. Any amount refunded will be pro-rated.
To receive the certificate of completion, students must complete the following:
1. Required attendance of sessions.
2. Completion of assignments in each module.
3. Demonstration proficiency in the assessments.
4. Complete practical training within a year of completion of the theory module.
5. Ashram stay of 10 days.
How to apply
Interested candidates should fill up the application form below, and submit it to ashram by 30th Nov 2022. Applicants will be interviewed online on a date and time fixed mutually in December 2022.
There will be an online Information Session to explain the details about the course and answer the queries on 19th November 2022, 4.00 pm to 6.00 pm. Those interested in this course must attend this. Zoom link will be shared to the registered applicants by email.
Inauguration of the course
The inauguration ceremony will be held on the auspicious day of Basant Panchami, 26th January 2023. The classes will commence from February 2023.
Sunday, 19 November 2022, 4 pm to 6 pm: Online Information session to provide information about the course and answer questions.
Wednesday, 30 November 2022: Last date to submit the completed application.
December 2022: Interviews for candidates and intimation to selected candidates.
Saturday, 31 December 2022: Last date to pay fees and sign agreement.
Thursday, 26 January 2023: Inauguration ceremony and havan.
February 2023: Classes begin.
February 2025: Graduation ceremony.